Disabled Veteran’s Division
Multiplechoices™ CIL Disabled Veteran’s Division (MCDVD) is a leader in connecting veterans with meaningful independent living advocacy. We empower our heroes and their families by helping to provide the resources they need and ensuring that our nation keeps the promises made to them.
Multiplechoices™ CIL Disabled Veterans Division Mission Statement
We are dedicated to a single purpose: to serve disabled individuals throughout a 10-county area of Northeastern Georgia. Our services include advocacy, peer support, information and referral, independent living skills training, assistive technology training. and more. We assist veterans by empowering them to lead high-quality lives with respect and dignity. We accomplish this by ensuring that veterans and their families can access the full range of benefits available to them.
This mission is carried forward by:
- Providing free, professional assistance to veterans and their families in obtaining the benefits and services earned through military service
- Providing outreach concerning program services to our service areas generally, and to disabled veterans and their families specifically
- Representing the interests of disabled veterans and their families
- Extending our mission into the communities where veterans and their families live
- Providing a structure through which disabled veterans can express their compassion for their fellow veterans through a variety of volunteer programs
Multiplechoices™ CIL’s Good Roots™ Trainees and/or Trainer-Trainees learn the art and the science of sowing and growing vegetable, flower, and herb seedlings, and the rudiments of small business ownership, while contributing to their local communities through the production and promotion of quality seedlings/plants.
Target objectives of Good Roots™ include:
- Teaching folks how to grow quality vegetable, flower, and herb seedlings for a micro-enterprise endeavor or for employment in any number of horticultural settings
- Promoting a lasting connection to the natural world and to local communities through the growing, marketing and/or bartering, of quality vegetable, flower, and herb seedlings
- Enhancing individual self-confidence and independence
The Good Roots™ curriculum includes:
- How a Plant Grows from Seed to Root to Shoot to Flower to Fruit
- What Plants Need to Grow
- Sowing Seeds and Transplanting
- Growing from Seed to Marketable Seedling
- Utilizing Organic Best Practices and Pest Control
- Participating in Local Markets
- Maintaining Demo Plants in the ground and/or in containers
- Managing Data
MCCIL Home Modification Projects
If you’re living with a disability, know that there’s always help, resources and opportunities waiting for you at Multiple Choices Center for Independent Living. Contact us to learn more.
MCCIL Hosts Activities(Above) MCCIL hosts the Grand Slammers, a local bridge group that meets weekly in our conference/meeting room. They sure have fun!
(Above) Multiplechoices™ Center for Independent Living (MCCIL) held a 2-month fall 2021 Tennis Clinic for children and young adults living with disabilities. Volunteer instructors, participants, and accompanying parents, all had a very grand time learning new activities, being active outdoors, and meeting new friends.
(Above) December 2021, a fun-filled holiday gathering of MCCIL clients and staff enjoyed a film, karaoke, card games, and snacks. Katie R. sure can sing!